Bob Andreotti joined the Hahn Law Firm in 2003 with ten years civil litigation experience. Prior to law school, he spent five years as an engineer with a major defense contractor, working on structural design and combat vulnerability reduction of fighter aircraft. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics from Massachuesetts Institute of Technology and a law degree from Southern Methodist University. He was a Texas Registered Professional Engineer (inactive since 2005) and a certified flight instructor in gliders, and has served as Director of Flight Operations and Training of one of the largest soaring clubs in the United States.
Juris Doctor—Law, 1993
Southern Methodist University
Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics, July 1985
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Licensed by the Texas Supreme Court to practice law. Licensed by the New Mexico Supreme Court to practice law. Admitted to practice before the Northern District of Texas and 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. Admitted to practice before the District of New Mexico.
- Texas Registered Professional Engineer (inactive since 2005)
- FAA Designated Pilot Examiner
- AOPA Panel Attorney
- Certified Flight Instructor, Glider
- Commercial Pilot, Glider
- Private Pilot, Airplane Single Engine Land
- Instrument Rating
2006 to Present
Law Office of Robert J. Andreotti, Sante Fe, New Mexico
Attorney. Represents clients in litigation related to aviation and commercial disputes. Represents airmen and aviation professionals before the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
1993 to May 2006
Relevant legal experience, Dallas, Texas
Representation of airmen, mechanics, and repair stations. Experienced in commercial litigation, contract disputes, noncompete agreements, business torts, personal injury litigation, and small business transactional and liability minimization issues.
1985 to May 1990
General Dynamics Fort Worth Division, Fort Worth, Texas
Senior Engineer. Chief Engineer, F-16 Combat Vulnerability Reduction. Senior Structural Design Engineer, Performed production design work for F-16 program and preliminary design studies for F-16 Agile Falcon program.
Honors & Professional Activities
- President, Tech Model Aircrafters, 1985
- Flight Instructor, MIT Soaring Association, 1985
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, State Bar of New Mexico
- Member, New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Soaring Association, Inc.
- Flight Instructor, 1985 to present
- Director of Flight Operations and Training, 2001-2005
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Educational Counselor
- Member, NTSB Bar Association
Promoting General Aviation Safety: A Revision of Pilot Negligence Law, 58 J.
Air L. & Com 1089 (1993)